Hotel Credit Cards from U.S. Bank
U.S. Bank is the fifth-largest commercial bank in the United States and the tenth-largest issuer of credit cards in the country, with over 13.7 million active credit card accounts and nearly 2.5% of the entire credit card market share.
U.S. Bank currently offers two co-branded hotel rewards credit cards through its partnership with Radisson. U.S. Bank’s Radisson Rewards Visa Credit Cards offer excellent points-earning rates, enticing introductory bonus points for new cardholders, and the opportunity to earn free nights after meeting spending requirements each year.
What Credit Score Do I Need for a U.S. Bank Hotel Card?
U.S. Bank offers a variety of credit card offerings to suit nearly every credit score, including secured cards for those looking to establish or rebuild their credit scores. Rewards credit cards, however, typically necessitate applicants to have a higher credit score. U.S. Bank’s Radisson rewards credit cards, for instance, usually require a good or excellent credit score, though there have been instances where applicants with credit scores in the 600’s have received approval.
What to Know Before Applying for a U.S. Bank Credit Card
U.S. Bank, like other card issuers, has some rules, options, and unique quirks that applicants should be aware of before they apply. These include the following:
- U.S. Bank allows potential applicants to see pre-approved offers before applying. Pre-approval offers do not mean a person is guaranteed to receive a card but can provide insight into the likelihood of approval.
- Unlike other issues, such as Chase, U.S. Bank does not have a set limit to the total number of U.S. Bank-issued cards a person can hold. There is, however, a consensus that having multiple U.S. Bank cards does make it more difficult to get approved for subsequent new card accounts.
- Applying for multiple U.S. Bank credit cards in one day may result in all hard pulls being merged into one single pull – though this isn’t always the case.
- U.S. Bank will waive the fees for their checking accounts for U.S. Bank credit cardholders.
What to Do if Your Application is Denied
If your U.S. Bank credit card application is declined, the best course of action is to call U.S. Bank’s Reconsideration lines, which are open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on weekdays and 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturdays. U.S. Bank has specific lines for each of their credit cards, including rewards cards like the Radisson Rewards Visa Cards.
- Radisson Rewards Visa Card Reconsideration Line: 800-236-4012
If you applied for a U.S. Bank credit card online and received an “under review” response, your application status can be checked via the U.S. Bank website or by calling the application status phone number and speaking to an account representative.
- U.S. Bank Application Status Line: 800-947-1444 (option 1)
Editorial Disclosure — The opinions expressed on HotelCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, HotelCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.