Checking-In to the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card
The Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card is a great hotel reward credit card from Barclays and Wyndham Resorts. Wyndham Hotels and Resorts operate more than 9,000 properties in over 80 countries across the globe, and the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® is an excellent way to earn rewards towards free stays at these hotels and resorts.
Cardholders earn triple points for every dollar spent with the card on eligible Wyndham purchases, double points on gas, utilities, and grocery store purchases, and single points for all other purchases. Cardholders also receive complimentary Gold status in the Wyndham Rewards program, an impressive 15,000-point introductory bonus points offer, and Visa protections and security – all for no annual fee.
How it Works
- Earn Points with Wyndham: Cardholders earn triple points (three points for every dollar they spend) on purchases with Wyndham properties. Eligible purchases include those made at Wyndham Hotels, Wyndham timeshare properties, and Wyndham Vacation Rental North America properties.
- Earn Points on Groceries and Utilities: Cardholders earn double points (two points for every dollar spent) on gas and utility purchases made with their Wyndham Rewards® Visa®, as well as on grocery stores. Walmart and Target, however, are excluded from eligible grocery store points earning.
- Earn Points for Everything Else: Cardholders earn a single point for every other eligible dollar they spend on purchases with their card.
- Hotel Stays: Wyndham Rewards points are redeemable towards stays at Wyndham owned-and-operated hotels, resorts, timeshares, and other vacation rental properties around the world. As Wyndham boasts well over 30,000 total properties in its impressive portfolio, there’s something for every taste and budget. Free night redemptions with the Wyndham Rewards program start from as low as 7,500 points for Tier 1 properties, 15,000 points for Tier 2 properties, and 30,000 for Tier 3 properties.
Today’s Bonus Offer
New cardholders earn 15,000 bonus points when they either make their first purchase with their Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card or use the card to conduct a balance transfer. As Tier 2 redemption starts from 15,000 points, this easy-to-attain bonus is suitable for either one free night at a Tier 2 property, or two nights at a Tier 1 property. Two nights free with Wyndham just for opening an account and making a purchase is a great perk.
New account holders also benefit from 0% introductory APR for six months on all Wyndham timeshare purchases, as well as 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first 15 months.
Getting Under the Sheets with the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card
- Annual Fee: The Wyndham Rewards® Visa® does not feature an annual fee, which is a great bonus.
- Gold Status: Wyndham Rewards® Visa® holders receive complimentary Gold status membership in the Wyndham Rewards program. Gold membership allows cardholders to receive free Wi-Fi, dedicated membership services, preferred room choice when booking, and an accelerated points-earning of 10% over non-Wyndham Rewards members.
- Concierge Service: Cardholders receive access to Visa’s dedicated 24/7 concierge service, providing personal assistance, including recommendations and reservation s for dining, entertainment, and more.
- Global Assistance: Cardholders receive 24/7 access to Visa’s travel and emergency services.
- Zero Fraud Liability: Visa offers cardholders comprehensive protection from fraudulent purchases on their card.
“Suite” Perks That Make the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card Worthwhile:
- Initial Bonus Offer: 15,000 bonus points may not sound like a lot – especially given the massive amount of points some hotel rewards cards offer. The Wyndham Rewards® Visa’s small introductory bonus, however, is more than offset by both it’s easy achievability and the lack of an annual fee. Simply for making a purchase with the card (no matter how small) or conducting a balance transfer, cardholders receive enough points for up to two free nights at Tier 1 Wyndham properties.
“Reservations” About the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card:
- Lack of Perks: The Wyndham Rewards® Visa® doesn’t offer many perks beyond the introductory offers and Wyndham Rewards Gold status. Fortunately, these drawbacks are offset by no annual fee.
Time to Check-Out
The greatest asset of the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® lies in the strength of the Wyndham Rewards program itself. The program includes over 30,000 properties in over 80 countries around the world. Even better, free night rewards with the program start as low as 7,500 points. With so many hotel options – as well as timeshares and other rental properties – available, Rewards members likely will always find something to pique their interest when it comes to reward nights.
The no annual fee, as well as the virtually free 15,000 bonus points, are the other strengths of this card. Two free nights at a quality chain like Wyndham is nothing to scoff at, meaning if you are someone who either frequently stays at Wyndham Resorts, or wants a card that rewards purchases for utilities or necessities with the chance for free stays, the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® is a strong card to consider.
Editorial Disclosure — The opinions expressed on HotelCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, HotelCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.